Monday, April 30, 2007

Fundraiser for Jillian

Hey you guys.... So my apartment complex came up with an excellent idea to help out Jillian and her family and we REALLY would like your help! We're going to get companies to donate stuff to do a silent auction. 100% of the money raised will go to Jill's family. My dad is going to donate golf stuff and my mom is going to put in some dental stuff (she's a dental hygienist so dental people you gotta come!) and I have a friend throwing in snowboard things too. If any of you know of anything you could donate to us, that would be so awesome. Even the smallest things will make a huge difference. And if you live in Denver, PLEASE come!! We are still working on the exact date, but it will be held at our apartment Club House in the next few weeks. My friend Casey will be collecting all the items donated so again, if anyone has any great ideas PLEASE let me know. I don't want anybody to feel obligated in any way, I've just had alot of you ask how you could help, and this seems like such a good chance to lend our support to The Groh's. The address to send items is:

Casey Unitt
4178 S. Crystal Ct. #1412
Aurora, CO 80014

I will get the exact date and a list of all the items being donated in the next few days, thanks so much you guys. -Jackie

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us."

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Jackie! Thanks so much for putting this together. Some times I feel like I'm burdening Jill's family by calling, so this is perfect! I miss you guys and pray for each of you daily!

Jackie said...

Thanks Matt:) You would never burden them so don't worry... Give me a call if you ever feel like it! 858-231-5515

Babs said...

Jackie,
Thanks for taking the time to keep us all in the loop. I would love to get to the hospital more often. I am glad that you are doing well! I can't wait to meet you again face to face. I work at the Hyatt with Jillian, and we met in February. I will do my best to make it to the fundraiser!
Babs

Amanda said...

Hey Jackie-
Thanks so much for organizing this event, and just the bog in general! I cheered with Jill at NAU, but am from Denver and will be home in about a week and a half. I will do my best to attend the event! I just wanted to tell you I appreciate it! Thanks!

Amanda

Jackie said...

Hi Amanda! I have definitely heard about you from Jillian.... I hope you can make it, that would be awesome.... looking forward to meeting you one of these days:)

Charlotte Louise said...

Keep an eye out, because I'm going to have a lot of fun stuff trickling in over the next few weeks...Including a script signed by the whole Grey's Anatomy cast. Weeeeee!